In Research Development & Innovation :
- Our Clinical Academic Groups have secured over £10 million in research awards from the National Research Councils and EU in the last 24 months with over 20% above our £250k benchmark
- Including our largest ever award of £5.5 million to develop the’ Internet of Things’ NHS Innovation Test Bed project, led by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust and University of Surrey. This will use a combination of robotics, wearables, technology and remote monitoring to enable better healthcare for dementia patients.
- Developed over 60 collaborative research bids/protocols with seed funding from Surrey Health Partners and the voluntary and private sectors enabling systematic reviews, equipment purchase & bid writing
- Supported six new PhD/MD fellows to support specific large scale research development and implementation activity
- Secured a provisional Surrey Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) Licence
- Trained more Chief Investigators to provide local research leadership across Surrey
In Delivering Educational Innovation & Excellence:
- Held two national Cancer Conferences in collaboration with King’s Health Partners
- Delivered ground breaking professional development seminar programmes in cancer, cardiovascular, diabetes, comparative pathology and primary care
- Developed two new innovative post graduate programmes: an FRCPath in Vet. Microbiology & a Physician Associates Programme to equip the graduates of the future in high quality research and clinical and general practice skills.